Friday, October 06, 2006

Just When You Think You're Safe...


Your man gets you.

Remember how I was so relieved about the "no tattoos in the hot springs" news the other day?

Well, Mike called me this afternoon to inform me that his head coached has arranged for us to attend the hot springs with him on Monday, so we were going. Oh, and yeah... his teammate Ryan is going with us.

Before I hung up with an attitude he informed me that although we do have to be naked in the hot springs, the one his coach chose is divided amongst gender.

Naked hot springs here I come...

The things you do for culture!

Maybe I can take some saran wrap to at least feel like I am covered up...

5 comments:

JH said...

In Japan people go into the hot springs with wash cloths which they strategically hold over their privates.
Hot springs are actually very refreshing and make a good story for when you go back home.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated to the hot spring, but I was reading some of your earlier posts and you mentioned that you couldn't find applesauce for your son. Have you tried The Foreign Buyers' Club? http://www.fbcusa.com/public2/
They have tons of food from the US. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Anonymous said...

The first time I went to an onsen (hot spring) was a bit uncomfortable, I didn't know where to look and thought everyone was looking at me.... but the hot springs were heavenly, the scenery was stunning and ever since then I have been hooked! Seriously, I go about once a week now. So I think you should give it a try!! Enjoy!

Michael Lawrence Chappell said...

Thanks for all of the "moral" support on the hot springs topic!!! I will venture out of my comfort zone this afternoon :)

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD!!! I am CRACKIN UP!! Mai, that is hilarious. Yes, good luck, and I am sure you will have a great time. What is the thing with the tattoos though? If you have a tattoo you're not supposed to go? Why? I'll have to email you about my little escapade this weekend.

Kisses
Ang