Saturday, October 07, 2006

Crouching Toddler Hidden Cellphone


My 18 month old son has turned into a ninja overnight.

He suddenly has taken on this stealth like sneaking persona...to get into all kinds of things he knows he is not supposed to mess with.

Like just now, the room was very quiet... so I went over and saw that he had my cellphone tucked away into his pajama pants. He also goes into my purse (when I am not paying attention) and takes my cellphone, opens it, and calls people from my call list. I am telling you... I have got to figure out how to lock the keys on my phone. Apparently, he has... and I couldn't get incoming calls for an entire day. My friend, Yuko, came to my house to inform me that my phone said "Hello. I am driving now," each time she tried to call me.

You probably are thinking I should get some things to keep him interested and active. That's not the problem. I have a giant toy bag stocked with toys, blocks, books, activities... but it's electronics he wants. More than anything he wants to play with our cellphones, the laptop, and the remote controls, oh and the cable box.

I bought him a toy cellphone that really talks... do you think he wanted to play with that silly thing???

Uh, oh.. he has Mike's eyeglasses... gotta run!

Mai

No comments: