Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fire In My Belly

The Indian food burned, like no other... I sat in the restuarant , tears in my eyes and sinuses wide open, wondering why on earth I had decided to order the daily special...

First of all, I broke rule #1 of dining abroad while extremely hungry. I order something that was written in another language that I don't speak, that was not accompanied by a photo, and was listed as a "daily special".

Now, I happen to have eaten a great deal of Indian food in my lifetime... but never ever was the menu written in Japanese.

But, hey... I figured I was out with my friend... having a great time... why not take a chance. So, we both did. Then stared at each other across the table with tears brimming in our eyes from the heat that was beginning to also make our lips swell... until we burst out laughing.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of what we looked like... but I guarantee you, I won't be ordering that dish ever again!

Whew!
Mai

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm curious, where in Sendai was this restaurant? The one Indian restaurant that I knew closed about a year ago and I really miss getting good Indian Food.
(It is in Sendai isn't it?)

At this point, I'd probably even welcome bad Indian food!

Now, if you know any Greek restaurants, that would be welcome information too!

I'm a Canadian, married to a Japanese guy on the other side of the country, but I come to Sendai a couple of times a year.

Hajememashte!