Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Taxi From Hell



Today I had to go to the mall to pick up some things for Isaiah. Before I knew it... it was 2:55, and Mike's game started at 3pm online. So, I decided to take a taxi home.

Bad move.

I put the bags and Isaiah into the taxt... then the stroller...then finally I sat down. Before I could get in all the way "BAMMMMM"! I could feel the tears begin to well up in my eyes as the pain radiated in my ankle. I told myself "Don't cry... Don't cry. Be strong." The driver looked at me with his mouth dropped open. He began to speak in Japanese. I just put my hand up and politely asked him to stop. I needed a moment. I looked at my ankle... already beginning to bruise and swell.

I said, "Please... take me home" (in Japanese)

If you see an American limping down the street pushing a stroller in the freezing cold thats me.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Did the taxi driver shut the door on your ankle? Oh my gosh. I hate those freaky doors.

How are you doing now? Is your ankle any better? What a rotten thing to happen.

Michael Lawrence Chappell said...

My ankle is no longer swollen... but the bone is still extremely sore to the touch.

:(

Thanks for your concern Helen! Did you try the Indian food??

Helen said...

I'm glad that it's a bit better.

Re the Indian food...I didn't get to the restaurant that you told me about, but I did find one in the top of the Sakurambo (?) Department store in front of the station. It was lunch time and I was passing by, so thought, "Why not?" They have a menu in katakana and Romanji, and at least one of the waiters speaks English, so that might be a place to try. I think it's on the 7th floor...called The Taj (I think...it's been over a week).