Friday, November 24, 2006

Freezing My Buns Off in Japan

Okay. It's so freakin COLD in our apartment in Japan!!!

Now... I must say that I have experienced different types of cold in various countries on different continents but the cold that i experience here in Japan is the kind that can make you go crazy!!

It's not that it's so cold outside... but it is so freaking cold inside of our apartment. We have an air conditioning unit that is supposed to function sufficiently as a heating system... but it only stays on for 5 minutes at a time.. in which it turns off. And you have to go walk over to it and double click in order for it to come back on again.

So, if you can imagine. This gets to be very cumbersome when you are trying to go to sleep. But, if you don't continue to get up and double click you run the risk of waking up with a cold!

Poor Mike, he has to wear super warm socks to bed because his feet and legs hang off the edge of our Japanese bed.

Shoot... I wish I could find one of those pajamas like Isaiah's. You know the one-piece pajamas with the enclosed feet that are made of fleece.

Hold please. I must double-click now.

What are we going to do when it begins snowing outside??

Tonight it's 39 degrees.... but I swear I can see my breath and I don't mean it stinks either.

Someone please email me an electric heater!!!

Freezin My Buns Off In Japan,

Mai

2 comments:

Helen said...

Sounds like you need a kerosene heater. It doesn't help at night because you can't run it all night, but it'll get the room warmed up for you. I use that, plus an electric blanket over my mattress to stay warm at night.

I'm from Edmonton in Canada, and in winter here if I want to warm up I go outside! The houses are too badly made in my opinion.

Michael Lawrence Chappell said...

Hey Helen,

Thank you :)

Mike actually fixed our heater...it was on the wrong setting. So, now we are all set. He even turned the heat on our toilet seat on...so now our buns are nice and toasty at all times!!

Mai