Friday, December 08, 2006

Squat Like A Tiger

Does a Tiger actually squat?? If not, which animal does?

Well, you have to in Japan if you want to use a public toilet. This was one of the first cultural difficulties I had to face:

How on Earth am I supposed to pee all the way down there and not wet my clothes??



So, thank goodness, the toilet in our apartment is just the opposite. It's this super high-tech butt warmer, butt sprayer, along with a host of other butt luxuries that you can't possibly imagine. And it's eco-friendly. It was made so that you can wash your hands in the water that will refill the toilet in a tiny sink above the tank! Now, I never do this... but it's kinda of cool to see the water squirting out of the spout ready for me to use:

2 comments:

Silvia said...

That is crazy, Mai. In the words of Gloria Taylor, "What kinda stuff is that!?" LOL. Seriously, I would hurt myself trying to use those. I guess that's where yoga could be an asset. ;)

Maria said...

It's actually bigger than the ones in Turkey! LOL! :)