Friday, August 17, 2007

Baked Beans for Breakfast



In Australia baked beans are a commonly served with breakfast. Being the culture craver that I am, I have taken this "full on" as they say down here and my husband smiles and shakes his head at me. He thinks its funny that I take on the cultures around us (well, certainly not all of the customs cause that could be detrimental to your relationships).



Apparently, baked beans are very high in protein and are quite tasty with sunny side up eggs and toast. My toddler doesn't seem to think so as he has requested Fruit Loops each morning. The orange juice has a bit of a tart kickback here... more of a lemony taste to it. But, lemons taste like lemons.

Speaking of Lemons, if you request "lemonade" down here in Australia (and in New Zealand) you will be served a proper Sprite. There is no such thing as our form of lemonade down this way. (Apologies to Arnold Palmer).

Of course, I've taken on some of the Aussie lingo. My next post is sure to include some.

Yours Truly,
CreativeMaiDownUnder

No comments: